CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 7, 2008

Peace

Because I know God called me into the education profession, it has been reaffirming to me to watch how He over and over showers me with grace and everything I could possibly need to move forward in school. Everytime I think I have hit a road block and begin to get wound up about what is coming next, God always brings me back and gently reminds that He has a purpose for me and that He did not call me to something that could not be done.

That doesn't mean that things aren't going to be uncomfortable and that we won't have to do any sacrificing. But God will not leave me.

So I feel that Michael and I have made a huge decision over the Christmas break. As many of you know this is the crazy time of year that people start registering their little ones for preschool. My kids have been at the same preschool for years and I even taught there. Since I have started back to school I have needed help with Carter. My dear friend Sara has helped us with befor and after school care and it has worked out beautifully. I mean I can always count on her and she doesn't seem stressed out by my little dude.

Well, Sara's little boy is headed to Kindergarten next year and she herself may head back to school so she will no longer be available to help us. After thinking about what we wanted to do and what are options where, Michael and I began to think about a longer day pre-k option for Carter. I was very emotional about it all and Michael, the ever patient husband, tried his best to talk to me about it all.

I couldn't imagine leaving this program that has been a part of my young motherhood. But then I went to God in earnest prayer. I wanted to take the emotion out of this decision. I needed to do right by my family and by Carter. God gave me a peace about our decision. Carter is changing preschools, and headed to what in Georgia is referred to as a lottery Pre-k program. This is an all day program starting in the fall that will open up my flexibility for classes tremendously. We have toured the school and met some of the staff and I know it will be great.

So today when I went to go tell the director that Carter would not be returning in the fall, I was full of doubt. I mean I love the preschool. But I quickly returned to prayer and again was gently reminded of this is what was best for our family.

I feel blessed that I can go to God in prayer over and over and know that He is taking care of our family. He will never get tired of me asking over and over again. The kind of peace I feel is a true treasure.

"Do not be anxious about anyting, but in everything, by prayers and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

1 comments:

Angie said...

Michelle,

Thank you so much for the sweet comment on my blog! No one has ever told me that I look like my grandmother...you made my day!
I have looked at most of your blog....what a precious family you have! Please know that I will be praying for your education classes and your decision for next year. My Anderson went to the lottery Pre-K and loved it. I really think he learned a lot too! He was more than prepared for kindergarten.
The only thing I'm not so sure about is all this talk about Auburn Tigers! GO DAWGS!!!! :-)