CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Awesomeness

I just had to post something about my sister-in-law Vickie. Vickie is an artist of all sorts. She finds something that interests her, a new technique, materials, and she just goes in head first and makes some of the most amazing things. She is a true artist. She not only finds beauty in works of art, but in the world around her and she has passed that down to her children.


This past weekend the fellas and I went up to Nashville to visit with Michael's family. (sidenote: Michael was at home in front of the fire, yes I know how wonderful I am, just ask Michael's family...wink, wink.) We spent some time "in the city" with Michael's parents and then Saturday headed out to "the country" also known as Leiper's Fork. It is the neatest little community and my sil and bil have built the most amazing house on an amazing piece of property called Hope Ridge.


I could tell you about all the fun the kids had, but I'm not because I am posting to tell you the awesomeness that is my sil. She and her family go to this neat church in Franklin that is in an old factory, but it is really cool. When we walked into the church I asked Vickie if she decorated the place because it looked like an extension of her home. Neat church, neat people. But that is still not the awesomeness. Vickie is a mosaic artist, using pieces of tiles she creates some really neat things. She headed up a project for her church that was mosaic in the very front of the church. Each church member signed their name on the back of one of these tiles. It is really beautiful and I am just so proud of her. Vickie was gracious enough to let me take her picture in front of it and then I wanted my picture with the artist!


Isn't she awesome?

1 comments:

Angie said...

WOW! I'm impressed! The mosiac is beautiful! She did an amazing job!