CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Obedience

For some reason I think God keeps trying to teach me the lesson of obedience. Maybe it is because I have a hard head, but maybe it's because He really needs me to get used to paying attention so that when He needs me for something MAJOR I will be there, listening, attentive and ready to obey.

A couple of weeks ago I had to sign up for the elementary school I would be doing 30 hours of observation in. Unfortunately, I did not get the school I wanted and ended up in a school a little further away, but in Cobb County. I was really upset about it so I was ready to call my sister and have her run some interference for me, make some phone calls and get me what I wanted. Because after all, I do know what's best for me, RIGHT??? Well, I had to leave a message for Megan about how awful this school was and she needed to handle it for me. Before she could call me back and rescue me from this terrible school. I heard a whisper. Did I really know what was right? Was I turning away an opportunity where I might learn something or be mentored by someone that could influence my future teaching? I had this wonderful debate with God that logisitically this was a terrible school. Why would God put me here??? I ended up talking to my friend Aileen who's opinion I value and she is a former school teacher. She brought many good points why I should stay at this school and not cause trouble. So I thought if God was trying to tell me to stay put and Aileen was telling me the same thing, maybe I should listen and OBEY. UGH! So today I went to class and my professor told me I had missed my orientation and I needed to go see someone in the Field experience office ASAP. Well, no one was there, of course. Apparently, through a techinical error they had me at another school in PAULDING COUNTY!!! After just a few temper tantrums it got worked out. When I was finally calm another whisper came through. Obey Me first. (This is what I ALWAYS tell my kids) God needs me to obey Him the first time I hear that whisper. Not after I have had time to think about it and poll my friends of their opinions. He is training me to listen so that when HE has that big thing I need to hear, I'm ready, willing and able to obey Him first.
So, I don't know what wonderful things God has planned for me at this school. I did learn that this school has 75% of the kids on free or reduced lunches. I know I not would go into a school like this by my own choosing, so I know this will be a learning experience for me. I will let you know what God is trying to teach me.
Everytime in my life that I "trust and obey", God blesses me ten fold.
"This is love for God: to obey his commands. And His commands are not burdensome, for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory tha has overcome the world, even our faith. " 1 John 5:3-4


Now, if God would only speak to Maizy about obedience!!!!



1 comments:

Unknown said...

Good thoughts. Hope you end up loving where you are put!