CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Reality

So this morning was a little stressful for me...
Zack has had the sniffles for a few days and this morning when he got up he was coughing and it sounded a little "barky". My gut reaction was to drop everything and take him to the dr. But I had two major projects at school due today and I had to go. I was faced with what women face all the time. Staying home for so long has programmed me to just handle it all and never ask for help. So as I sat in the kitchen looking at my child and crying over my dilemma, my knight in shining armor was checking his schedule. He only had a bazillion conference calls to make and he said he could take Zack to the dr. and stay home if necessary. Phew!!

I thought of Zack all morning and wondered how he was doing. I talked with Michael before lunch and Zack was back at school. Just a cold...no biggie. I wasn't prepared for not being able to be 100% Mommy to my kids. This is a new experience for me and it was hard. I'm sure I have many more times like that ahead of me as I head back to work...

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear Zack wasn't too bad off - it does tear your heart to not be able to play out your mommy role sometimes.