CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

You ask...He gives

So Michael and I are not great about going to church. We have been attending this one church for a couple of years, but we are not regulars. It is a great church, the music is awesome and the preaching is unbelievable. But we have let life get away from us. We have given the excuse lately that because it is so crowded we just don't feel like fooling with trying to get there early and get a seat, etc. etc. Plus, I hate to admit it, I have loved my Sunday mornings sleeping in...

But this past week I told God if you need me to be in church then I need a loud message because I love my Sunday mornings, and I need it to be loud. Well, I got it.

I got home from Nashville on Monday and we decided to be lazy and go to Stevie Bs pizza for dinner. There was this man in there and I swear he looked like a singer from Third Day, my favorite contemporary Christian band. But I was not going to ask him. But my ever so sweet husband asked him on our way out.

He laughed and said that no he wasn't but they where some of his friends. He then asked where we went to church. He said he was the creative arts director at West Cobb Church. He could not have been any nicer or kinder.

So I went home and said "okay, God, I get it. You have a place for us. I hear you...loud and clear." So I emailed the guy we met to let him know we will be there this Sunday.

UPDATE: So I was talking to my sweet mama about this today and she said "Well, just so you know, your Daddy and I where on our knees praying for all of our children by name Sunday night." When you ask God to reveal Himself, he always does.

0 comments: