CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Bad Hair Day

Why does it seem that sometimes the simplest things in life seem the hardest to actually DO????

I am stressed, I mean stressed. This is a huge semester for me. I am doing what at KSU we call TOSS, some call their methods, others call practicum, it is STRESSFUL. I have had since the beginning of January, 2 days a week at KSU and then 1 day a week at a public school. The work has been plentiful, but doable. But now I'm headed into the big stuff. 5 full days a week at the public school (which I am SO excited about) and then I have a 5 lesson unit that I actually have to write on paper rather than just have up in my head!!

I knew this was coming, I could look at my calendar and see the stress from a mile away. But here I am ready to be swallowed whole by my school work.

When I am stressed two major things happen...I eat too much and my hair breaks. Fat and bad hair...not pretty. And if you ask my kids they will probably say I have a short fuse!

But you know what I notice that if I put every action and thought through God first, I seem to manage. I seem more productive, less anxious and my hair looks a lot better. This is not new to me...this has been this way my whole life.

If I want to get through the next five weeks in one piece I MUST leave it all at the feet of the cross. But not just the next five weeks...everyday, all year. How blessed I know I am because God continues to pick me up and dust me off. I just wish I could remember this and not get so consumed by my stress.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Breathe! God will handle it. I'll be praying for you!!!

Laura said...

Thinking about you, Chelle! You can SO do this!! You are ready and will be a fantastic and incredible teacher after this experience. I am so proud of ya!