CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 26, 2009

NUTS!!!!

This is how I feel right now and how my summer has been...let me recap for you.

Before school even gets out we go "camping" with Michael's mom and her husband. The next weekend we are at the lake for Memorial Day. The next two weekends are taken up by are AWESOME trip to Disney. Then the next weekend we go "camping" again with Michael's mom. Finally, Father's Day weekend we are going to REST, but I get a call from some family in Ohio that are coming to visit for 5 days. This weekend my mom has her grand opening of her booth and we are going to a local lake on Sunday and then leave on Wed. or Thurs. for the lakehouse in TN. Phew. I feel like I am going NUTS!!!! We hopefully have two more lake trips in July and I start student teaching on August 3rd with a possible trip to N'ville for a wedding the following weekend.

But all of this has been good. Really good. The last time I had a summer with no school was 2006 and Carter was three and well, enough said. I still have so much I want to do and I just don't know where I will find the time. For some reason I am getting the itch to do things to my house. I gave Michael the year 2013 as the year that we are going to move. He, of course, rolls his eyes at me, but I know from a very reliable source that he knows that if I stick my mind to something I usually get my way. I'm not stubborn very often, but when I am it pays off.



So two rooms I really want to work on is first my family room. It is a really big room because it has an attached sunroom. I have almost moved all of the boys toys out of the sunroom. When we first moved in it was a playroom, but I have moved all of the junk upstairs. All I have left to move out is an air-hockey table and their train stuff and blocks. I have a lawyer bookcase that we will move in there.

But the den is SOOOOOOOO boring. It has judges paneling, which I love, and we have some historical prints on the wall, which I love. What I HATE HATE is my furniture. We bought it in our old house and it is dull. It is that micro fiber fabric which works well for the like the first two years. But when you have two little boys and a dog, it can only stay good looking for so long. Anyway, I feel like between the wood walls and the brown furniture, that room is really dark. I would like a sofa and chairs that look a little more alive. There are these chairs that are at this store here in Atlanta called Outrageous Interiors (they used to be called Outrageous Bargains, but there where no bargains to be found) and I go visit them occasionally. They both rock AND swivel and they appear to have slipcovers. I. just. love. them.

So here is a picture of one of the chairs I picked up at the thrift store. There are three of them and they where $5 a piece. I don't know why I bought all three other than they where only $5 a piece!!! The picture makes it look wood, but they are painted red.



I have NO WHERE for them to go and have no idea what to do with them. I was thinking about doing some kind of distressing treatment that would have green on top and let the red show through a little bit so that I don't have to strip them. ugh. I was going to look for some cool fabric to put on them. And then what? I have no idea. Thoughts??? Ideas???

I also want to do my bedroom. Our furniture is not very exciting either. But it is in good shape and new furniture is EXPENSIVE!! So, if I do a decent job on the chairs, maybe Michael will let me paint our bedroom furniture. It his parents old furniture and it was "updated" in the 90s with lots of brass.

Maybe if I do a few cosmetic changes I can push my year to 2014. Haha.

1 comments:

Laura said...

Wait a second! I thought this was supposed to be the house you could stay in forever???