CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Catchin' Up!!!

I have learned something very valuable about myself. If I am not pressured for time and have better things to do, I don't blog. I have had plenty to blog about and plenty of time to do it, but just haven't felt like it... I have been out of school since May 1 and am headed back tomorrow. So instead of getting my house in order, folding and putting away laundry, etc. etc., but no I thought THIS would be a perfect time to blog!!!
So it's been a great month! Zack finished Kindergarten and Carter finished 3 year old preschool. (That was our last time at our preschool and I don't think it has registered yet!) We went camping, to the lake and we got new floors put in!!
So I think I will start from the beginning when we went camping. Michael's mom and her husband bought a nice RV last year and have been anxious for us to join them in a camping adventure. We went once last year during the HEAT WAVE and I was miserable. But because I have two boys I thought I should persevere and give it another shot. Well, the weather cooperated and we had a great time. What I loved most about camping was not having to tell my boys "No" all of the time. I had no agenda, no chores, no to-do lists, so it was truly about them. They rode their bikes, scooters, played on the playground, went to the beach on the lake. It was a great weekend, bugs and all.
But I have to say my favorite part of the weekend was this...

I have posted before about my mother-in-laws health problems. Since the Fall of 2005 she has had two back surgeries and both of her knees replaced. Carter was not even two when she had her first back surgery and probably does not remember being held by his Nana. Although she is still in a considerable amount of pain, she works very hard at getting better. We had been making S'mores and enjoying time around the campfire when Carter asked to sit with his Nana. I asked her if it was okay if he sat in her lap. So I put him in her lap and he was so happy and content. They both sat their looking up at the stars. I just couldn't help but get a picture. I think that is the first time she has held a grandchild in her lap in a longtime. That right there was worth all of the bugs in the world!

2 comments:

Angela said...

We both updated our blogs on the same day... and titled our post the same thing! Eerie!!

Angie said...

What a sweet picture! I am so glad that they got to spend those moments together. Sweet memories...