CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 31, 2008

A Deep Breath Before I Go Back Under

Well, I feel like I have about a week before things get crazy again. I have about one month before my semester is over and then I will have THREE WEEKS where the kids are in school and I AM NOT!!! I will be a real mommy, who can play Hungry Hungry Hippos whenever I am needed. I will read books that have NOTHING to do with education, classrooms or teaching a child how to read!!!

But I have added something to my already hectic schedule. I don't even know why I am sharing this, other than that if I tell people, maybe I will feel held more accountable (although I have no idea who really reads this...). For the first time in my 33 years I have started a DIET. Well, they don't want you to call it a diet. It is called "living" aka Weight Watchers. I have been thinking and pondering about this for awhile and I made the plunge.

I have slowly put on weight the past THIRTEEN years. But the thing that pushed me over the edge is BEER. Michael taught me how to drink good beer and well I enjoy it. We have gone to Taco Mac at least every other week for a date. Between the queso and the beer, it all went straight to my hips.

So, I really think I can do this. It is regimented and organized and it's a PLAN. Whenever the doctor would say "Eat right and excercise" I always felt like I needed more.

So I may never update anyone on my "diet", but I felt like I needed to get it out there. I have made it through one weekend without any major pitfalls, and unfortunately no beer. But I'm not starving or having a really hard time, so I can do this...right???

2 comments:

Angie said...

Yes, Michelle, you can do it!

Mexican food is my downfall too. Not necessarily the beer but the cheese dip, guacamole, chips and salsa....MMMMMMM. I am getting hungry just thinking about it! :) Keep me posted and I will do my best to encourage you!

Unknown said...

It was nice to see you today - I know you can do it as well. Why not add one more thing to your plate? (pardon the pun) - You will do great!